Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DO NOT USE ATT UVERSE: THEY HAVE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I spent 2.5+ hours trying to become an ATT customer.  When I called initially I was supposed to get internet and phone.  We received the modem and nothing worked.  I called and ATT tried to resolve the internet and I found out the phone had been cancelled on ATT's end, but the phone could not be resolved during that phone call.  When I called again I was not at home and could not go to the modem as the technician wanted to try to resolve the internet not working (although he insisted on spending 30+ minutes trying to fix the internet, even though I couldn't go to the modem to do what he wanted me to do).  When I tried to speak to another agent about the phone, she was trying to figure out what happened, put me  on hold, and somehow I was transferred to the bilingual department after being on the phone for about 50 minutes.  The next time I called the technician had me do some stuff with my modem and determined a technician should come out.  I was then switched to a phone person, who then informed me about charges that I had not been informed of when I initially called to set up service.

At that time (after being on the phone for about 50 minutes) I decided cancel my service because nothing had been resolved about my internet or phone at that point, and I was not paying the charges I had not been told about in the beginning, and I was also not getting the discount I was told I would get for being an existing ATT cellular phone user.  However, when I was supposed to be transferred to yet another agent to cancel the service, I was disconnected (after being on the phone for 50+ minutes).  When I called the last time, I was on the phone for 40-45 minutes (my whole lunch break!) just to cancel the service.

This was such an abysmal customer service experience and a complete and utter waste of at least 3 hours of my time, which I believe ATT should pay me for.  It shouldn't be that hard to become a customer, and I certainly would never recommend ATT uverse to anyone.

The laughing part of the whole wretched experience is then ATT sent me an email and asked me to fill out a satisfaction survey.  It said I should be very descriptive, so I was.  But when I tried to submit my feedback, it said that I could only put something like 950 characters.  Don't tell me to be descriptive if you're not going to let me tell you all the information I have to say.

GAH!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home