Monday, January 23, 2012

More Work on the House

Once we finished working on the stone (which was around Memorial Day last summer, making our stone project last almost exactly a year), it was time to move on to covering up the hideous blue siding with our nice, new Desert Tan siding.

 
Posted by Picasa

We skipped the front facing wall because we were still figuring out the window situation (were we going to buy new windows???), and so we moved on to the wall going to the porch:


For awhile we had a tan and blue house:


Here's my dad working on the lights on the porch. Originally, we only had one light on the porch, which was kind of dim, and really didn't help you see from the driveway to the front porch. We added two more lights (the fixtures match the ones on the garage), and I really like how nice and bright it is now.


We still sort of have a tan and blue house, but the only wall we have left to do on the front of the house is the bedroom wall (with the windows--WINDOWS will get their own post sometime in the future!). When that wall is done, the house will look good from the street! :) (Only our neighbors on either side will know that the siding isn't done yet.)

3 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaL-O said...

I updated my blog because you told me that it had been too long! And now I see that you haven't updated yours since January! So it is your turn to update!
ps. that picture of you two hugging by your house is adorable

8:55 PM  
Blogger VermontYankee said...

Awesome!!! You have the EXACT same roof shingles(I used charcoal, GAF Tiberline architectural's, yours look the same) and Certainteed Monogram Desert Tan siding, with white corner boards and trim. Only difference is I did the clapboard style you have on the top floor, dutch lap on the 1st floor.

About halfway done with the siding. Wish i could share pics, well I could but I doubt you would be interested! lol. Anyway, congrats.

1:33 PM  
Blogger VermontYankee said...

Awesome!!! You have the EXACT same roof shingles(I used charcoal, GAF Tiberline architectural's, yours look the same) and Certainteed Monogram Desert Tan siding, with white corner boards and trim. Only difference is I did the clapboard style you have on the top floor, dutch lap on the 1st floor.

About halfway done with the siding. Wish i could share pics, well I could but I doubt you would be interested! lol. Anyway, congrats.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home