Friday, August 06, 2010

Eat Local

I saw this truck driving around Ann Arbor one day, and I was curious, so I looked up the organization. Eat Local Eat Natural seems like a pretty cool group! It's cool that they tell you which restaurants are getting produce from local farms, although their blog leaves a lot to be desired (2 posts: Oct. 2008 and April 2010).

Local Dirt is another website that helps you find local farms / farmer's markets. I do have to say that Mark and I have gone to our local farmer's market, and it has been a little disappointing--mostly crafts and jams, and not so much with fresh produce--but when we went yesterday, there were also lots of little kids dressed like fairies, so that was fun. :) On the Local Dirt site is an interesting article called Farmer's Market 2.0, which takes place in Detroit, at the Detroit Eastern Market.

Now be healthy and enjoy some fresh fruits and vegetables!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home