Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Power of Locomotion: Take 2

I rode my bike to work this morning, and I know how long it took me (40 minutes), now I just have to find out the precise distance. I altered the route just slightly because the fastest way means navigating the precarious on/off ramps for 23, which was decidedly nerve-wracking the last time I tried it. This time I went a back way through a neighborhood, which took me under the highway, and not too far out of my way distance-wise. Today's ride felt pretty good, and I was hoping that I'd be done in 40 mins max, so I met my goal! I also left a bit earlier in the morning, so there were less people out running/biking, which also made navigating the sidewalks easier.

Last Saturday Mark and I ran a 5K--my first one in about 6 years. It felt pretty good, and the fact that we were able to run the entire distance was great (we hadn't been running that far in our everyday training). Of course, now that we know we can do it, we've upped the anty, and are doing harder workouts. But it all feels good, knowing that we are slowly beating old personal bests, and creating new, harder goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home