Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Power of Locomotion: Take 2, v2

So, on the way home from work yesterday we measured the mileage for my bike trip, and it was 5.5 miles. That is an average of 7 minutes and 45 seconds per mile, which puts me at the lowly rate of 8.25 miles/hour. This is really not that great--I should be doing at least 10mph, with a goal of 15mph when I really get into shape. I know that I do have to occasionally stop at traffic lights, and that is altering my overall speed a bit, but now I have a goal: I'd like to be able to bike to work in 30 mins, which would be 11mph. That will be hard, considering how hard I was working yesterday when biking. but I also plan on biking to AND from work when I bike from now on, so hopefully the added distance will help to increase my overall endurance and speed. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home