Sunday, April 10, 2005

Insomniac me

Please forgive the fact that this post has no structure whatsoever. Expect it to jump around a bit, because I'm a moron at 5 am.

I'm feeling some incredible insomnia right now. It's 5:56 am right now and I can't seem to calm down enough to get some sleep. I'm not even being productive. I'm afraid I've wasted most of my ill spent morning surfing the web. My dog is getting more sleep than I am... he's currently dreaming of something because I can see his eyes move under his eyelids from where I'm sitting. I feel like he's taunting me.
I really need a hobby, something that I can do in the wee hours of the morning when the world outside is starting to awaken. I should probably exercise, but in my personal and humble opinion exercise is bad for my health, so that's out. There is also a cat snoozing in near my feet. And I know for a fact that that cat really is taunting me.
Do you ever get the feeling like you are wasting your time if you sleep? As if you should be doing something important with your time, and sleeping would be very irresponsible of you? I guess that's how I feel right now. I just wish there was someone awake right now with me, then we could complain about insomnia together and entertain each other.

OH! I forgot that I was going to share something that happened on my birthday. My sister gave me one of the best gifts I have ever received. She got permission from her art teacher to allow me 1-2 hours at a potters wheel. Now this was a special treat because I've been complaining about not having as much of an artistic outlet as I need, so this was a soothing balm to me. There is something akin to religion when you pull out the red clay and get your hands dirty. Oh I didn't make anything.... I tried... but I didn't make anything. But is was so fulfilling to loose myself in shape and form and to purely create. In the end all I received for my birthday was the creation process and dirty jeans. It was one of the best gifts ever.

By the way, it's now 6:13am. grr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home