Sunday, April 10, 2005

Busy... and then some...

The last couple of days have been hectic, but there were some things that I felt I needed to share with you.

First, cleaning a back yard after a year of neglect is most definitely hard on a body. For those of you types who enjoy a good afternoon in the garden I salute you. I most definitely got a sense of accomplishment while I enjoyed my back yard under the stars (pictures of this will follow in a later post -- I still need to take the pictures). I'd still like to do more, maybe put some stone down instead of the concrete that's currently there, however I think I will wait until my aging back recovers.

Second, a long lost friend sent a message to me, and maybe because I've been in a sentimental mood, or maybe because I'm completely insane I dreamt that I visited her. Now I've met her father before (nice fellow, you'd like him), and I'm almost positive that he isn't Asian. I'm also fairly positive that my friend is not a spy or a ninja away on a secret mission. However in my dream I must admit that these things were all, in fact, the case. Now I wouldn't even mention it -- normally a dream like this would be filed under "Completely moronic"-- however I felt this was too funny to not share. I am also certain that your lives are now more enriched just for having heard about it.
To my friend whose father lives on an island.... I had a wonderful time. Your Asian father and mother were very accommodating. They fed me some wonderful cuisine and were perfect hosts. I'm sorry I missed you, but for some reason my flight back home was booked 2 hours after I arrived so I couldn't stay and chit-chat. BTW... your dog was really little. I mean kittenish little... you might want to get him checked out at a vet.

Third, never blog after 4am. Nothing you have to write at this time of day is in any way interesting to people. (FYI, just a tad bit of advice)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mark, I thought it was great. I have had dreams like that where I get on a plane and have to leave almost as soon as I get there, not two hours, but soon. Once I dreamt I went to England for 5 hours and customs let me through without a passport. >.>

--Joshua

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home