Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I need a tan.

Most people have friends that have faded into the past. And just like everyone else, it turns out that so do I. I'd like to take a moment to talk about some of these friends as they have been on my mind lately.

There are certain people that upon meeting them an instant connection is made. A jolt of understanding that in at least some way what you are sharing is special. The number of times this has happened to me can be counted on one hand.

One person is now in the east, living their life out helping children learn. One I alienated out of a false belief that I knew what was right for them (she is now-hopefully- happily married with lots of kids). One person was last scene in college with a heartfelt goodbye. One person lives three thousand miles away and is training to be a genius. And the last person I think I also alienated because I was stupid (I actually don't know what I did, but I'm sure the fact that I'm dumb, played a part), and I can't be sure because she lives three thousand miles away.

These people don't know it, but in my mind their are all luminaries and they blaze like the sun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, have been wanting to get in touch, i know it's been too long. Hope to speak to you soon,
Claire x

4:01 PM  
Blogger Mark Edwin said...

Claire!
I didn't notice this until today...
hold on, let me email you.

Mark

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home